Ep 05: How Too Much Dieting & Getting Ripped Can Leave Your Clients Feeling Miserable
Today our guest is Robert Pingatore a Master Trainer and Group Instructor at 24 Hour Fitness in Foothill Ranch, California. He has been personal training and coaching for 18 years. He was also a gripper in the production of the Music Man. He enjoys public speaking. He loves to body surf with his daughter, and the two of them are both Harry Potter fans. He is also a card carrying member of the United States Bartenders Guild, a gamer, a geek, and a lover of guns.
Robert started working out when he was a teenager, and fell in love with working out and improving. After 30 years, and some influence from a friend he finally followed his dream and became a trainer. Robert would train clients during the day on the beach, then he would bartend at night. He transitioned from training on the beach to training at the gym in March, 2012. After being certified, Robert started working at 24 Hour Fitness.
Today’s topics include:
- During Robert’s study of fitness, he kept hearing about this guy named Pavel, once he discovered who Pavel was he began his kettlebell certification.
- How Robert prepared for his Strength Matters kettlebell certification in six weeks, then he was on the spot when he went last for his swing test
- What the Strength Matters swing test is – 32 kilo kettlebell with a hundred swings with each arm
- How too much dieting and getting ripped can make you miserable, feeling good and being healthy may matter more
- How Robert has written about tech, because he is geeky and likes to know how stuff works
- Corrective exercises – boils down to getting people to connect their brain with poor posture and what is causing discomfort – look at strategies clients can do on a daily basis that sets them up to be in proper posture, so that they will be aware of when they break posture
- Last minute advice – Be genuine
Links and resources:
- Simple and Sinister
- Stop Chasing Pain
- Robert on Facebook
- What’s New Coach – Be Present Interview
“It was a long process, but I love what I’m doing” Robert Pingatore
“People who love to help people do well in the fitness industry” Robert Pingatore
“We are designed so that our bodies can live through famine” Robert Pingatore