Ep 04: How To Inspire People To Move & Live A Healthy Active Lifestyle
Today our guest is Analisa Naldi a strength and conditioning coach at Evolution Trainers and part of their leadership team in Mountain View, California. She lives in San Francisco and has been coaching for 15 years. She is full-blooded Italian, a farm girl, and a total hippy. She has a bachelor’s degree in Sports Management and a master’s in Kinesiology.
Analisa was fortunate to find her passion for training early on. She was always at the gym, and someone suggested that she just work there. That was a lightbulb moment for Analisa, and she became a trainer. Now she says spending each day at the gym is like a combination of recess and her favorite class. Her brain is constantly being stimulated by interactions, problem solving, and tasks of a trainer.
- What a health conscious city San Francisco is. You can find any dietary need you have.
- Analisa’s thesis was a study of taking 30 girls aged 9-12 and designing a strength training program for them. The study discovered that strength training can be safe and effective for youth. They also continued to participating in athletic activity.
- How Evolution feels like being a family that operates like a machine, “everybody knows your name”
- Analisa owns Evolve Fit which is like a business (her training) inside of a business (Evolution Training), it’s a business model that creates an organic sense of ownership and attracts good people
- How to have a balance of management and being a leader doing and showing the work and helping out
- At the end of the year everyone at Evolution gets together and goes over their year, they also have an apprentice program for young coaches
- A lot of the local tech people who already have in-house wellness programs at their jobs (Google, Apple, etc.) find the time to come train at Evolution, some of them had said they sleep and feel better after the training programs
- Trust the journey, trust the process to get where you want to be
Links and resources:
“It was fun to train youth and spark a fire that may not have been there without the training study” Analisa Naldi
“One of the girls in the study went on to become a Rugby player and a Physical Therapist” Analisa Naldi
“I have been able to recreate the family feel along with passion, education, and inspiration for movement and a healthy lifestyle” Analisa Naldi